I tell you what folks.. It's just a wintery snow wonderland in Northwest Arkansas. This small town southern girl just doesn't know what to do with herself. Oh, wait... I know... SEW!! Oh my goodness. I am a sewing machine. It's quite ridiculous. The dogs have butchered the house, dishes everywhere, dirty laundry staring at me.. but I somehow find the need to sew. It is at a much higher priority. Oh, good heavens!
I bought some really cute fonts and applique designs which currently can't be uploaded into my machine. So I am waiting patiently for my contact person at APEX designs to contact me again via email. I love prompt-ness!
Clay and I had a great weekend. Our Friday night consisted of a big ole trip to Wal-Mart. Oh my, when did that happen to us. Our big Friday night event is a trip to Wal-Mart. But you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way! Saturday I went shopping and topped of the evening with a lovely trip to eat dinner with some of my best friends.
We finally made it to church on Sunday. We have been such slackers lately. It was so nice to be back at church and trying out a new Sunday school group. We really enjoyed it. And of course... we ended the night with the Super Bowl. We weren't really pulling for anyone really. I was leaning more towards the Saints because they were the underdogs. We watched the game at The Sabatini's and I got to play with a lovely 3 month old all night! So much fun.
I have the privilege to work with an amazing crew. Sometimes I take it for granted... What a great job that I have to work with so many special kids, incredible therapists, and office staff. I wish that you could just come into the clinic one afternoon and just watch everything going on. Every therapist and staff works SO HARD. Every kid has a special story and journey. It is very motivating. I am reminded that I am not at work. I am part of their journey. And hopefully I am making that journey a little fun and a little easier.
A group from Children's Therapy Team will be going to the Ukraine again in April. 2 OT's, 2 PT's, 2 ST's, an adaptive equipment provider, and a trip coordinator will be loading up and headed to the big Ukraine to teach and and to help supply donated toys/equipment to different orphanages and hospitals. I recommend you go to http://thesummerfords.blogspot.com or http://hereslookingatus-avlove.blogspot.com because they just updated their blogs with information about the trip. It will make your heart feel warm and fuzzy! And for all you non-blogger people, just click their links on the right side of my page. You will see their Ukraine headings.
Well, enough of my corny ramblings. But that is what people say I do best. Happy Monday!
Pumpkin Patchin'
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment