Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer fun

I am behind on my blogging but we have been having wireless internet issues at home. All is good in the Garrison hood. Since our last blog we have been going, going, going. One of my very best friends got married! Her wedding was beautiful. Here are some pictures from her wedding. It was a much needed weekend of girl time. We had a ball!













Since our last March Madness post we thought it would be funny if we posted things that we never knew about or would have recognized before we got married. Here is my list of pictures... haha... I'm still working on Clay's pictures! It is actually me using and knowing what a driver is, the cover for a driver, and my very own March Madness bracket!





In the past few weeks I have really been trying to warm up our home with more decor. And you are talking to Mrs. Green Thumb herself. I have been out in the yard gardening!!! Can you believe it. I have just been working with flowers so far. I am thinking next will be vegetables! For our anniversary we got the grill! I think we have used it at least 3 times a week!

We took our little family on a camping trip a couple weekends ago. It was so much fun. We had never put the tent together, the dogs had never been camping, and we had never been to this campsite before. Lots of firsts but lots of fun. We had the best time. Oh, and Bentley's little leg is 100% healed! I've been doing puppy therapy at home. haha.






We just got back from the beach! You know we always have some sort of a story with anything we do. Well this time it was us getting hit in our new car in Mobile Alabama. Not only did we get hit.... it was a HIT AND RUN. But don't you worry... as soon as we all realized we were all fine we took off after him. It was an intense high speed chase. haha. I was on the phone with 911 and Clay was weaving through traffic to catch up with him. People were passing us and waving that they were on the phone as a witness to the accident. It was wild. We chased him down into the next county and he finally pulled over. His excuse was.. "I'm sorry, I couldn't find a place to pull over" My response was, "That's crap, I really find that hard to believe that in a county's distance you couldn't find a spot to pull..... " and in mid sentence Clay responded with.. "Ok, Whit how about you hop back in the car." haha. It was not that extreme but I was definatley getting heated. Clay was calm as a clam of course and handled the situation like a saint. This man, (for the purpose of this story we shall call him idiot) must have thought we were crazy because he just wanted to just give us his insurance information and go on about his happy little way to get to the Destin fishing tournament that he was in such a hurry to get to. We *cough, I ,cough* were very against the idea. I just didn't trust him. I mean we had to chase him down to this point. I was not going to trust this man. So of course we had to go back to the county of the scene of the crime, wait patiently for the cops with an irate impatient idiot, and make a joke out of the situtaion. Let me remind you that this is all happening on the way to vacation. UGH! But the cops finally show up, we file a police report, and the idiot man is very cooperative at this point. The cops run a report and in the mean time they give Clay and this idiot man seperate cards to fill out contact information to give to each other. We take the card, he carries on, and we load back into the car for a relaxing stress free weekend. We had a blast with my best friend Jennifer and her husband! And to top it all off the other love of my life, Kayla, just so happened to be down there at the same time. So we got to hang out with her and her fiance Scott! There were several poeople that we ran into. A family from work happened to be at the same beach and condo as we were! How wild. So I had to play with them for a bit! Shout out to the Clarks! Here are some pictures:
















When we return to Fayetteville, we decide to call this idiot man to get his insurance policy number. We soon figure out that he had given us a fake name, fake address, and fake phone numbers! At this point, Clay and I were both fed up. So now it is adding more to the process because we had to contact the Mobile PD to look up the report and get his real information. We will be taking care of our car within the next two weeks. What an ordeal! I am just thankful everybody was ok!

My goodness there is a LOT to blog about this time. This is the last thing! I promise! We were also crazy and drove all of the way to Omaha to watch the Hogs play in the CWS. Yes, sure did. We left after work on Friday and drove through the night. We stayed with Clay's aunt and uncle for a weekend of fun. They were great hosts. They always grill true Omaha steaks for us. And there was a crowd to feed. We took two cars full of Clay's three sister's, a brother-in-law, a boyfriend-in-law haha...., Clay's dad, and two of Clay's friends from high school. And let me just say.. we aren't small. haha. It was comical walking into places as a crowd. We had a great time. Life is good.








No comments: